Our people are involved in the communities where they live and work.
ICL Performance Products has a long standing commitment to social and community involvement. We encourage our employees to participate in volunteer activities for the benefit of the communities in which we do business. To see what is happening in each of our regions, click on a link below.
United Way of Greater St. Louis
ICL’s North American Headquarters supports the United Way of Greater St. Louis in their annual fundraising campaign. The United Way provides financial support to various charitable organizations and agencies who provide assistance to 1 out of every 3 people living in Missouri and Illinois. The 2011 ICL campaign was a huge success – raising $56,953! Not only did we exceed our goal by almost $7,000, but we also contributed approximately 30 bags and/or boxes of clothing to the Foster & Adoptive Care Coalition. Together we can be proud that we are helping to make a difference in the lives of those touched by the services of the United Way of Greater St. Louis. ICL: Involvement Changes Lives!
Other Local Activities
- Leadership position on local YMCA boards
- Attend monthly CCBF Business luncheons
- Volunteer regularly as a group at the St. Louis Area Foodbank
- Adopt local families during holiday drives
- Member of South Broadway Merchants Assoc (SBMA)
- Attend monthly LEPC meetings
- Distribute Community Relations and Awareness Survey to neighbors
- Collect and donate used eye glasses
- Local canned food drive
BK Giulini in Germany invites citizens and politicians from the neighborhood on a regular basis to present the development of the company especially with regard to environmental improvements and increasing plant safety. During such events citizens and politicians get the chance to address their questions and concerns to the management. The company responds in a fast and transparent way to any complaint from outside (toll-free ”citizen telephone number”.
In 2011 the Ludwigshafen Industrial Park, led by BK Giulini, invited citizens and employees to visit the companies on the site on a “Day-of-Open-Doors”. Even some plants were accessible to visitors and manifold attractions offered. Over 2,500 persons followed this invitation and were impressed by the professional and well organized event.
BK Giulini sponsors cultural (e.g. open-air classical and pop concerts on the banks of the Neckar River at Ladenburg) and sports events (Ladenburg triathlon). Institutions and organizations supported with donations include:
- Children’s hospice “Sterntaler”
- Clubs organizing children’s and young-people’s sports, educational and cultural activities in Ludwigshafen and Ladenburg
- Local institutions supporting socially disadvantaged children (e.g. kindergartens and youth centers in social problem areas)