BKG Company History
1823 – Giulini Brothers established a chemical factory for the production of sulfuric acid based on Sicilian sulfur in Mannheim/Germany.
1900 – Giulini started the production of phosphate fertilizers, phosphoric acid, phosphate salts and aluminum compounds at new site in Ludwigshafen/Germany.
After WWII – Expansion of product range to pharmaceutical compounds and raw materials, water treatment chemicals, synthetic gypsum, phosphate based food additives, chemical specialties for the paper industry, as well as inner-shoe components for footwear industry.
1977 – ICL - Israel Chemicals Ltd acquired Giulini Chemie GmbH.
1996 – ICL Group acquired BK Ladenburg, a producer of phosphates for detergents & cleaners, food additives, water treatment, and other applications.
1997 – Giulini Chemie and BK Ladenburg merged to form BK Giulini GmbH.
Astaris (U.S. Based) Company History
1876 – Provident Chemical Works opened plant to produce Monocalcium Phosphate Acid in St. Louis, Missouri USA.
1900 – International Phosphate Company opens plant to produce phosphate salts.
1921 – Swann Chemical Co. purchases Provident Chemical Works & Federal Phosphorus Co.
1935 – Monsanto purchased Swann Chemical Co.
1948 – International Phosphate Co, later named Westvaco merged with FMC.
1997 – Chemical divisions of Monsanto spun off to Solutia.
2000 – Astaris LLC joint venture with Solutia and FMC.
2005 – ICL acquired Astaris LLC in the United States, company renamed ICL Performance Products Lp.